Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Love of My Life

The love of my life--and, no, I am not talking about Britton. As I am sure you can tell, my life can be quite hectic at times. I know I only have two boys but let me tell you these two kids give me a run for my money. I don't know if that term applies to a student family, considering we have no money; Nevertheless, last week I opened my fridge to find two eggs that had been cracked and then smeared everywhere. When I asked Carter what that was about he said, "I wanted to let the birdies out."

These boys are as sweet as it gets but sometimes I need a miracle just to keep sane. My miracle moved into our apartment complex last year in June--her name is Lori. She is 9 years old and I don't think she will know how much I appreciate her until she becomes a mom, too. She comes over almost daily and plays with the kids, changes diapers, gets sippy cups, and puts kids to bed. You name it; she does it. I bet you wish you had a neighbor like her! We have nicknamed her Mama #2. It is funny to see her rock Britton to sleep because he looks so big up against her little body. All in all, I am thankful to have a neighbor like her. She is truly a blessing from heaven and I am thankful for that.

1 comment:

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

Way to represent! Since I'm online all day working, I get bored and checking blogs is my recess time for myself.

By the way that nine year old looks so cute. I would love a little helper around the house. Send her over.