Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Carter's First Day of School




















Carter's first day of school was a success. He has a great teacher and it sounds like he is starting to make good friends. Although our house is VERY close to the school it is across a busy road so Carter gets to now ride the bus and he is very excited. We walked him to school in the morning but he got to ride the bus home. I was so excited about the bus because it drops him off across from our home. But I may have changed my mind about liking it. Yesterday I had to wait for the bus across the street to be in the shade for Macie. When the bus came to the bus stop I saw about 15 kids hop out but none of them were Carter. When I saw the last few kids come out I got a little nervous and started to walk towards the doors. Then the doors closed and I started to run. With Macie in my arm and my huge boobs bouncing I felt like a blob but I didn't care I needed to save my Carter. The bus just started to drive away when I was able to get the driver's attention. He stopped and Carter was on the bus. I guess that he called his name but Carter did not hear.

I told Chris about this and he told me that when he was a little kid he got on the wrong bus and instead of telling the bus driver he got off in a random neighborhood in Fresno and walked his way home. He said when he got home he was really late and his mom was scared to death. So now I am worried about my little boy getting off just any ol' place in Rio Rancho and some weirdo getting to him before we find him. We talked to him extensively about talking to the driver or a teacher if he is confused. This was our conversation:

Me: "Carter, If you are confused about where you are, talk to your bus driver and he can help you."
Carter: "OK"
Me: "NEVER get off in a place other than your bus stop."
Carter: "OK"
Me: "If you get off in the wrong place a bad person could get you and do bad things to you." (I could see his brain thinking.)
Carter: "You mean like make me drink coffee?"

We're hoping he figures out the bus situation soon.

4 comments:

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

So funny, "drink coffee".

Amy and Dane said...

Carter is hilarious! That is too funny :)

Tim and Sara said...

Ahhhh that would make me so scared too! Hopefully the fear of someone making him drink coffee will keep him on the bus!

Becky said...

Oh, I miss Carter so much...and the rest of you too!