Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stressed About Being Stressed

Allie wanted me to blog about something. So here it is.

On Saturday Chris and I were heading to the temple when I started to have the worst pain in my chest. It felt literally like a heart attack. I was fine and knew I wasn't going to die from it so we continued on with our plans because we had great baby sitters and I knew the boys would be disappointed if we came home early. I didn't feel like I could make it through a whole session though, so we did some sealings instead. Despite the pain it was great to be there. On Monday I ended up getting a weird but small rash on one side of my rib cage and on my back. So I started to get worried because my chest was still hurting, not as bad as Saturday though. So I went to the emergency room and found out it is shingles. I guess It is induced by stress. So now on top of being tired and in pain, I'm apparently stressed. Now I'm stressed about being stressed. AHHHHH.

I do have to say some good things come out of pain and sickness. Yesterday. My good friend and neighbor Sherry Rosengren came over about 10:30 and handed me a good magazine and took my kids without being asked. THANKS!

4 comments:

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

Stephanie!!! ahhh!! What are you stressed about?

Take it easy, my friend. ...all is good, we love you!

and thanks for posting.

Katie said...

Yea- I'm glad you finally posted something but I am sorry about the shingles- that is the WORST ever. Ugh. You definitely have my empathy-- I have been there & done that. Use an ice pack! Hang in there & take your meds! :)

Anonymous said...

I was excited to see you posted... but not about that! I am sorry. The life of a busy mom with little boys I guess. Hope your finding someway to take it easy. love ya!

The Ostlers said...

that sucks i'm sorry, take it easy and it should go away faster, even though iknow that with two boys that's impossible. I miss you, get better soon